Afghan Refugee Support | MLK Day Food Box | Dallas TX
Islamic Relief USA is looking for volunteers to help us on MLK Weekend to package food boxes for Afghan Refugees. The Food Box feeds resettled Afghan Refugees containing nutrient-dense dry food items such as rice, flour, lentils, kidney beans and more. Together nationwide IRUSA will be packing 10,000 food boxes across the US. These food boxes will be distributed to resettled Afghan families to enjoy after months of being housed on army bases. We need volunteers to help us pack these food boxes to prepare for distribution insha'Allah! All Volunteers Must Be Vaccinated
4 Shifts Available
Saturday January 15,2022: 9am - 2pm (Setup and Food Box Packing)
Saturday January 15,2022: 11am- 2pm (Food Boxing) *FULL*
Saturday January 15, 2022: 3pm - 6pm (Food Boxing) *FULL*
Sunday January 16, 2022: 11am - 2pm (Food Boxing)*FULL*
Sunday January 16, 2022: 3pm - 6pm (Foox Boxing) CANCELED SHIFT
1315 Exchange Drive
Richardson TX 75081
- IRUSA shirts will be provided at the event, please select your shirt size when signing up for this event.
- Age Restriction: If you are planning to bring a child under the age of 14 please email the coordinator listed below so that your child may be listed as a guest (capacity permitting).
- No children below the age of 8 will be permitted due to the warehouse environment and equipment.
- Family members from the same household will be permitted to work at the same station.
All members over the age of 14 must register independently to complete screening questions.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Please arrive at the scheduled shift time (if you arrive early, please remain in car).
- The shift times are set up to allow for appropriate safety precautions and sanitation.
- Please arrive with your CDC-compliant mask. Volunteers who arrive without a mask will not be able to participate in the project.
- Maintain a 6-foot minimum distance between all other attendees, you must practice social distancing throughout the project.
- Please sanitize your hands before, during, and after the project.
- Restroom facilities at the project site are for emergency purposes only and are not managed by Islamic Relief USA. We recommend the use of personal facilities before arriving at the project site.
- If you or someone you live with is considered high risk, please consider volunteering in person at a later date.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID, please cancel or let your volunteer coordinator know (even if it is the morning of the project).
- If you are unsure of the risk associated with participating in this project, please reach out to our staff!
- Please refer to the CDC for recommendations and guidelines for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19.
Do not attend a volunteer project if in the last 14 days you have:
Traveled outside the state
Traveled on an airplane or cruise
Interacted with anyone who had or has COVID-19
Attended an event with 50+ people
Had a fever
ave experienced symptoms that could be related to COVID-19
Have had COVID-19
Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: